Faith is ‘confidence or trust in a person or thing; belief in God or in the doctrines or teachings of religion’
One day while I lay in bed, I glanced at a bible that I’d had on my bookshelf collecting dust. I decided to open it and highlight verses that I’ve memorized over the years, when I suddenly had an idea to break them down into categories. I know that we all struggle with things; but I’ve learned that sometimes, just reciting a verse in your head over and over again can help to calm any situation. So, for the next couple of weeks I’ll be sharing these verses with you, starting with the topic of faith.
At times it is hard to have faith in the things that God says that he is going to do when we don’t see instantaneous action. We are microwave people, while God is more like a crock pot. His timing can be slower than what we would like. But, in the times that you are waiting and you feel your faith dwindling, here are a few verses to help you hold on.
- Romans 8:28- “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them that are called according to his purpose”
- Matthew 8:25-27- “And his disciples came to him, and awoke his saying Lord, save us: we perish. And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm. But the men marveled saying, What manner of a man is this, that even the winds and sea obey him!”
- Isaiah 55:8-9– “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.”
- Hebrews 11:1– “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.”
- Hebrews 11:6- “But without faith is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.”
From Me to You, Love.