“I have held many things in my hands, and have lost them all; but whatever I have placed in God’s hands, that I still possess.”
At some point in all of our lives, we experience a sense of distress from school, work, and life in general. When this happens to us, it can be useful to remember certain scriptures. I’ve found that memorization of bible verses helps me in my day to day life. At times when I feel overwhelmed and things aren’t going my way, I recall: “All things work together for the good of those that love the Lord.”- Romans 8:28
Like I’ve said before: I know that we all struggle with things; but I’ve learned that sometimes, just reciting a verse in your head over and over again can help to calm any situation.
Here are 5 verses to help you find peace in the midst of a storm:
- Psalms 30:5- “For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime; weeping may stay for the night, but rejoicing comes in the morning.“
- Jeremiah 29:11- “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.“
- Psalm 46:1– “God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble “
- Deuteronomy 31:6– “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”
- Matthew 11:28- ” “Come to me, all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest” “
Here are other similar posts you may be interested in:
From Me to You, Love.