Congratulations! If you’re reading this, you made it to not only a new year, but a new decade! Welcome to the 2020’s where we thought we’d have floating cars and robots in every home. (sounds like an episode of ‘The Jettsons’)
I love the start of new years because they feel like a clean slate and everyone seems to be focusing on improvement for themselves and others. As I closed out 2019, I wrote a list of things I want to remember throughout 2020. It’s only right that I share those things with you just in case you needed a reminder to start on the right foot.
Here are 20 things I gathered for you to remember throughout the year:
1. A clean environment is a playground for creativity and productivity. Clean your space! Make your bed, organize your phone apps, clear your computer desktop!
2. If it’s none of your business, keep it pushing.
3. Everything has beauty. Every person, place, or situation has beauty. Whether you can see it or not, the beauty is there and that includes the beauty in you.
4. Learn when to hold your tongue and when to speak out.
5. Don’t let debt consume you. Travel, shop, enjoy life while you can. *but make the minimum payments*
6. Go for it. What do you have to lose? Either it works out or you learn and grow from the experience. Either way, you win.
7. Wear the outfit- even if it’s just to the grocery store. When you look good, you feel good.
8. Prayer isn’t a chore. Don’t view it as such.
9. You have one body so take care of it. Eat right, rest, exercise and love it.
10. Affirmations don’t work unless you do.
12. When in doubt, dance it out. (Dancing releases endorphins. Endorphins boost happiness.)
13. None of us have this life thing figured out. We’re all just winging it and hoping for the best so, have fun and enjoy the ride.
14. Travel. Go see things you’ve only seen on TV. Go create memories even if you have to do it alone.
15. Always remember who you are and whose you are.
16. Spend a check and get it right back is only applicable if you still have money to survive after the purchase. Be mindful of spending.
17. Be intentional. Be purposeful. Be mindful.
18. How people treat you is more of a reflection of them than you.
19. It is all going to be ok.
20. “Remember your dream is your only scheme, so keep on pushing.” –Curtis Mayfield
With that being said, I hope that 2020 is a year of growth, love, peace, and joy for you. Welcome to your new chapter!
From me to you, Love.
3 thoughts on “20 Things to Remember in 2020”
You gave several great tips. I cleaned out my closet and my room and now it feels more spacious and more homey. It’s quite therapeutic. We’ve got this! 💪🏾
I did the same last night and today 🙌🏾 You’re definitely right, it is therapeutic! Wishing you success tenfold this year 💕