A while ago I came across an article online that detailed how an older woman wrote lessons she’d learned in life in accordance to her age. It was such an interesting idea that I decided to do the same. Since my birthday was last week, I wanted to write down 26 lessons I’ve learned in my 26 years of life.
I hope that you find some of them helpful enough to apply to your own life:
- It’s never too late to return back to self and those things you once loved doing.
2. Self-love is a journey, not a destination.
3. Speak as kindly to yourself as you speak to others.
4. You can do anything. The only thing in your way is you.
5. Prayer works.
6. Don’t abandon your gifts. It’s a blessing that you have them and that’s why they’re called “gifts”.
7. It’s not your responsibility to live up to other people’s idea of you.
8. You don’t have to convince any man of your worth and beauty. If he thinks otherwise, that’s his loss.
9. Your family members that have transitioned are always with you.
10. Ask for help. That doesn’t make you weak or less capable. Knowing that you need help and then seeking it is a sign of strength.
11. Girl, learn to delegate.
12. Tell people that you love them.
13. Your family members are human first. Forgive them.
14. Get some rest. (real rest)
15. You’ll never know if you don’t try.
16. You can’t relive your glory days but you can make more of them.
17. Spend money on things that bring you joy (not just temporary happiness)
18. Be an agent of truth and change.
19. You’ll get there faster with help. Collaborate with like-minded people.
20. Study the paths of the people you wish to be like and learn from them.
21. Discipline is required for the next level.
22. You aren’t defined by your past mistakes. You are however, responsible for learning from those mistakes.
23. Travel. You can get the money back but you’ll never get this time back.
24. You inspire more people than you know. Keep going.
25. Protect your heart. All you do flows from it.
26. Another year of life is a blessing. Even if it doesn’t feel like it, its another year that God saw you through safely and with purpose. Celebrate that if you don’t celebrate anything else.
To wrap things up, these are just a few of the things I’ve learned. There is so much more to learn along the way.
From me to you, love.